Monday, July 13, 2009

Halibut




That, my friends, was one delicious piece of halibut. I sort of followed this guy's advice, which was very helpful-- but I did some tweaking.

Here's how it happened:


Ingredients
Halibut
Milk
Butter
Seasonings (I just guessed. Mostly thyme I think? That sounded good.)

Preparation
Preheat your oven to 375
Place the (cleaned) halibut in a dish, as shown, with some milk (or soymilk) not quite covering the fish. Throw some spices on there: as I said above, I just guessed about what I thought might go well. I think I ended up with some thyme, basil, salt 'n' pepa (dur) and maybe garlic salt? Maybe. Experiment with other spices! Hooray!

Then, throw a patty of butter on the top. Mmm, butter.


The recipe I was working from suggested cooking this bad boy for 1.5 hours in a 325 degree oven. I think it was closer to 25 minutes at 350 degrees--- but honestly, I don't remember. Sorry! You'll just have to ballpark it.

I think I remember this needing a little salt, so maybe add some extra salt with those spices. Maybe adding paprika or chili flakes or something might also be good. Who knows! The kitchen is for experiments. Rah! (Dinosaur noise)

No comments:

Post a Comment