Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dad's Rice Pudding




Rice pudding was a staple of my childhood diet. Of course, at the time, I consistently demanded my dad make one bowl without any raisins just for me-- I've learned since then.

Without further ado, here's my dad's recipe - just as he said it.

Here goes:

(Based on 4 cups of uncooked rice)

Cook rice in oat milk (pressure cook or otherwise)

Put cooked rice in the bowl you are going to put in the oven.

Add oat milk until it is very soupy.

1 cup Agave syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon salt

Add and beat in eggs (1.5 per cup of uncooked rice---gotta love those ½ eggs:)

One to two cups of raisins

Add a healthy dose of love

Mix until “frothy”

Put in oven at 350 for a least an hour (time can vary depending on size of bowl etc---just watch and don’t let it burn

No comments:

Post a Comment