Monday, April 20, 2009

Vegan Biscuits!

Tonight I made the quickest, easiest, yummiest biscuits in the world, thanks to bread and honey. I opted out of the soup because it is 1,000 degrees here (even now, at 9:30pm). Make these, seriously it'll take you 15 minutes (plus 15 in the oven). Yum!!


If those don't look like the kind of thing a dinosaur would eat (or at least what he would make after he ate...) then I don't know what does.


"Fancy Biscuits"
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp vegetable oil -or- shortening
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup green onions, chopped (I used regular sweet onions and they were scrumptious--just very onion-y)
1 tbsp dried dill
1/4 tsp pepper
A large handful of grated cheddar cheese.

Preheat oven to 450ºF. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Crack in some pepper, and toss the cheese and onions into the mixture until it's all evenly distributed. Add the oil and sour milk, and mix together gently until "just mixed." Spoon into lightly oiled muffin tins-- I just used a cookie sheet. Bake for 12-18 minutes. Makes about 6 biscuits, but for me it was more like 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment