Sunday, March 21, 2010

Corn muffins



I made corn muffins! Yum. I did a bit of experimenting on these, which was fun and successful! Yay.

I started with this recipe and did some substitutions based on what I had around. They were great!

You Need
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup bread flour (I used the pastry and bread flours because I didn't have any all-purpose flour. Feel free to use 1 cup of all-purpose if you prefer.)
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup walnut oil
1 cup plain yogurt

You do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, butter your muffin tins. Mix your dry ingredients together, add your wet ingredients. Mix everything together nicely, then spoon into muffin tinnies. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.

I think I had to cook these for a little while longer because of the yogurt - play it by ear. Since I used honey instead of sugar, these were more like cornbread muffins than regular corn muffins; sweet-tooth-people may want to add more honey (or just use sugar).

No comments:

Post a Comment