Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I maked a cake



I made a cake! I'm really proud of myself. Making cakes isn't something I really do, mostly because I usually lack the proper equipment. But! Last week I bought a springform pan from Sur La Table and this weekend set about making this cake. The only thing I did differently was substitute all-purpose flour for 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour and 1/2 bread flour. I like that combo, even if it's something I came up with out of necessity rather than any kind of baking genius.

You Need
1 small to medium orange
1 lemon
6 ounces raw almonds
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
4 large eggs, ideally at room temperature
½ tsp. table salt
1 ½ cups sugar
2/3 cup olive oil
Confectioners’ sugar, for serving

You Do
... Follow Orangette's instructions. I'm too lazy to write them all out. I'll just say - watch when you pour the olive oil in, you will get these really cool batter caverns that close up after a few seconds.


Oh my god also the wiki article I linked to up there just taught me I can use this pan for PIZZA MAKING. Little Star, get ready for some competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment