Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bulk Food Goodness

Today was a very productive day, food-wise. On craigslist, I found a brand new Calphalon soup pot for much less than I would have otherwise paid, so I went out to the Sunset to pick it up. Luckily, the woman's house was right on the N, but it was all the way on 47th street so it still took me a good 35 minutes to get there. In a lovely confluence of events, there is a fantastic store called Other Avenues, an organic and natural foods store boasting an impressive bulk foods section.

The Bounty:


So excited! I just put together another loaf of bread with the whole wheat flower. It's rising in the loaf pan now and almost ready to go in the oven!

Have I mentioned that I love grocery stores? This one is the most fun I've had in a while. There's something satisfying about weighing out your own bulk ingredients, especially the spices. ESPECIALLY when the whole total (including a lovely tote bag you can just see under all the goodies up there) comes out to just over $30. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment