Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cauliflower Curry



Yum! Last night I got together with Danny, Steven and Steven's roommate Tamara for dinner and board games. We made this recipe and it turned out really well! Here's what we did.

Ingredients:
Olive oil
Garlic
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
some water
half a bag of frozen peas
a couple of fresh cherry tomatoes and a can of whole

Amazingly, I had all the required ingredients in my kitchen! I was really surprised that I had all the spices, but I have been on a spice-collecting jag. Also some of them were my roommates'.

So, we chopped the garlic and sauteed it in a HUGE pan (with a lid--important) with some olive oil, then added all the spices. It started smelling awesome, so we added about 1/4 cup of water and the cauliflower, lidded it and let it stew for 10-ish minutes. Once the cauliflower was a little tender, we added the peas and stirred it for another few minutes, then added the tomatoes. Once they were hot, it was done! Easiest meal in the freaking world.

While the curry was cookin' away, Danny made rice and heated up some garlic naan in the oven. Voila, delicious dinner! It turned out really well, but a little spicy for me--I'll cut the cayenne next time. This is definitely entering my regular cooking repertoire!

No comments:

Post a Comment