Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Food for Dinosaurs-- Welcome



Welcome to Food for Dinosaurs!

This blog arose as I started becoming more invested in my food--what I buy, where I buy it, and how I cook it--and I wanted a place to collect all my thoughts and experiences in what feels like a completely new phase in life. Since moving to a new city in the fall and investing in some of my first "very own" cooking implements, I've been cooking and baking like crazy, and am just getting started. I'll pick up my first CSA box from Terra Firma Farms today, and I'm really excited to get going on some yummy seasonal recipes. I was looking around online for a seasonal/local/farmer's market-inspired food blog, and couldn't find much (though I'm sure there out there and I just improperly google'd), so I thought I'd contribute what I can.

My plan for this blog is to post a few times a week, depending on how busy I get. I'll usually talk about something I made, and hopefully include some pictures and the recipe I used. I'm also opening it up to some of my foodliest friends for their insights and experiences, so you'll see entries from all over the country soon enough!

The name: Some of the healthiest food you can eat comes in the form of big, green, leafy vegetables--the kind of food (herbivorous) dinosaurs would love!

1 comment: